The Shun Classic Paring Knife is a must-have for every kitchen. Think of it as the mini version of the chef's knife because, like the chef's knife, the paring knife is quite versatile. It gets its name from its main function—removing or “paring” away things like peels or pits from fruits and vegetables. Its small size gives you complete control over the tip and edge of the blade. Generally, you'll use this knife in your hand rather than against a cutting board, though paring knives can also be used for chopping small foods, such as garlic cloves or ginger.
- For peeling, trimming, coring, and more, this knife is essential
- Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core is wear and corrosion resistant, strong, and very fine-grained to enable a razor-sharp, long-lasting 16° edge
- 34 layers of stainless Damascus cladding each side (68 total); support the core, add stain resistance, and help food release from the blade
- D-shaped ebony PakkaWood® handles are comfortable for both left- and right-handed users; durable, beautiful, and won't harbor bacteria
- Full composite tang for light weight and perfect balance
- Handcrafted in Japan