- Helen's Asian Kitchen Bamboo Sushi Rolling Mat for making all types of sushi rolls at home
- Made from 100-percent natural bamboo; fast-growing, fully sustainable alternative to traditional materials for a more sustainable living
- Hand roll homemade sushi easily; includes 9.5 x 8.25-inch Sushi Mat and 8-inch Rice Paddle
- Fun and easy to use; works nicely as an attractive bamboo placemat, too
- Lightweight, strong, less absorbent than wood; won't scratch surfaces; compact for storage; hand wash in warm, soapy water; air dry thoroughly
Helen's Asian Kitchen Sushi Mat (makisu) and Rice Paddle (shamoji) for successful sushi making experience. The Sushi Mat properly forms and shapes delicious hand roll sushi (makizushi) without tearing delicate seaweed (nori sheets). Makes a nice placemat, too. Sushi is a favorite finger food in Japan and popular world wide. Whether learning how to make sushi rolls or perfecting favorite sushi recipes, making sushi couldn't be easier. Simply place -sheet of nori, shiny side down on the mat. Add -cup sushi rice, spread with moistened Rice Paddle, leaving 1-inch uncovered. Add fillings to the center and roll mat toward uncovered edge. Gently squeeze to seal the roll, remove mat and slice roll into 6-equal pieces. Serve with soy sauce (shoyu), pickled ginger (gari) and Japanese horseradish (wasabi). Easily make hosomaki sushi rolls with a single ingredient, like tuna roll (tekka-maki), pickled daikon (oshinko) and cucumber roll (kappa-maki), futomaki sushi rolls with 4 to 5 ingredients, and uramaki (inside-out rolls), with rice on the outside. Made from all-natural bamboo, Helen Chen's Sushi Mat is lightweight, strong, less absorbent than wood, won?t scratch surfaces. Bamboo is a fast-growing, fully sustainable alternative to traditional materials for more sustainable living practices. Hand wash in warm, soapy water. Rolls for compact storage. Brought to you by HIC Harold Import Co. Includes 9.5 x 8.25-inch Sushi Rolling Mat and 8-inch Rice Paddle.