Hand-selected for their premium quality, Gourmet Vanilla Beans are moist, flavorful and aromatic. The rich, classic vanilla flavor is found in both the bean and the seeds. The vanilla seeds add gourmet visual delight to a variety of cooking and baking applications.
- Sweet ideas: crème anglaise, crème brûlée, custards, puddings, yogurt, gelato, ice cream, pastry creams, fruit pies and sauces, smoothies, shakes
- Savory ideas: glazes for poultry, seafood and pork, salad dressings, beurre blanc sauce for seafood, sweet potato salads, tomato sauces, barbecue sauces, chilis, salsa
- Beverage ideas: margaritas, mojitos, martinis, lemonades
- Other ideas: natural car deodorizer
- Chef’s notes: To scrape a vanilla bean, start from the center, cutting a slit with the tip of a sharp knife. Spread the bean apart to expose the seeds and scrape with the dull side of the knife. Scrape the sticky seeds off the side of the knife. Repeat with the other side of the bean. Delicious vanilla flavor is found in both the bean and the seeds, so try to use both. As long as the bean still possesses its characteristic aroma and is moist and pliable, you can rinse, dry and use it again.
- Kosher Certified
- Gluten-Free Certified
- Non-GMO Project Verified