Our Pure Lemon Extract is produced from lemon oil, drawn from the natural essence of the highest quality California lemons. Full of bright flavor and capable of complementing almost any dish, Pure Lemon Extract has limitless possibilities. It will add a splash of citrus to savory and sweet recipes alike. Easily added to dishes, there’s no zesting or juicing needed.
Lemons originated in Southeast Asia and spread to the Middle East, traveling from Persia to Iraq to Egypt. Although lemon trees were first brought to Europe by the Romans in the First Century A.D. widespread European cultivation of lemons didn’t occur until the 1400s. Lemons were soon introduced to the New World by Christopher Columbus. Spanish conquistadors and settlers grew to quickly love the fruit, which cemented its status in the Americas. There’s no denying the delicious effect lemon has had on many of the global cuisines where it has been introduced.
- Sweet ideas: cookies, cakes, bars, pies, marmalades, jams, jellies, gelatin, frozen desserts, fillings, frostings, whipped creams, whipped toppings
- Savory ideas: marinades, dressings, recipes with: fish, pork, chicken, rice, vegetables, parsley, rosemary, thyme, garlic, basil
- Beverage ideas: lemonades, teas, mojitos, Bourbon cocktails, Amaretto sours
- Other ideas: stirred into blueberry yogurt
- Chef’s notes: Pure Lemon Extract is a fantastic “helper” ingredient to have on hand for the times you forget to buy fresh citrus.
- Ingredients: Alcohol (90%), Natural Oil of Lemon, Water