- Made from superior black granite for style and durability, this hard-wearing pestle & mortar is ideal for use with wet and dry ingredients.
- The exterior of the mortar and the handle of the pestle have been polished to allow the natural beauty of the granite to shine through, making it suitable for serving in as well as preparing in.
- The interior of the mortar and the end of the pestle have been left unpolished. This provides a rougher surface area ensuring maximum efficiency when grinding or pounding.
- To clean, wash in warm soapy water, rinse and dry thoroughly. Do not place in a dishwasher.
- This product is covered by a 2-year warranty. Please retain your receipt for proof of purchase. Accidental breakage, poor care and damage from misuse are not covered.
This solid granite pestle & mortar has a bowl diameter of 18cm making it ideal for creating and serving freshly made wet or dry mixes, pastes or sauces. Every aspect of the design has been considered to make pounding and grinding as easy as possible. The profile of the mortar is shaped to be comfortably cupped in the hand and the heavy-weight base makes it easy to use with even the toughest of ingredients. The pestle has been designed to fit perfectly inside the mortar ensuring maximum surface contact and the handle length ensures you can get plenty of grip.
The inside of the mortar and the end of the pestle have been left unpolished to assist with the breaking down of ingredients whilst the exterior surfaces have been lightly polished to allow the natural beauty of the granite to shine through. It is easy to see why this ancient and traditional kitchen tool is a must-have for professional chefs and enthusiastic home cooks alike.
Make your own pesto, salsa or guacamole by combining freshly muddled herbs and garlic. Or make your own unique BBQ rub or curry powder by grinding your favourite whole spices. Try lightly toasting the spices first in a dry pan for a few minutes to help release even more flavour from their natural oils. The large deep bowl is ideal for making large batches of your favourite spice blends to store and use at a later date.